Where innovation, technology and integrity come together.
Our purpose at Kiwi Newton Group is to excel in delivering; economical, high quality, low carbon, low energy and low maintenance building systems and structures in the ICI building industry. We strive to make and improve better products and develop our people to work together with various skills. We believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. We continue to expand and have an exciting opportunity for a Structural Detailer.
As a Structural Detailer you will provide a detailed approach to drawing and detailing on every project. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with our experienced engineering team to produce highly accurate drawings for clients, partners, the fabrication team and the construction team.
- Prepare shop drawings for structural steel and precast concrete components
- Prepare engineering drawings for multiple projects
- Adjust, manipulate and manage drawings per client expectations
- Prepare plans and drawings in accordance with established codes and standards
- Perform routine calculations as directed
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- 5-10 years of architectural experience in ICI construction
- Proven knowledge of Tekla and Revit
- Extreme attention to detail
- A high level of software competency through on-going use
- An Engineering degree would be considered an asset
- An understanding of established building codes and standards
- An understanding of current construction practices would be considered an asset
- Ability to read schedules would be considered an asset
- Excellent English both written and spoken is necessary
Kiwi Newton Group encourages people to enjoy work and working with others, to be creative and effective in teams, to be reliable for other team members and to develop efficient work habits to serve customers well and deliver best value excellent buildings and structures.
Kiwi Newton Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants who consider themselves qualified.
Qualified candidates should email their resume or fax to: 519-822-6159.
Please note that candidates being invited to interview will be contacted, no agencies and no telephone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Drafting: 1 year (preferred)
- Concrete: 1 year (preferred)
- Commercial Construction: 1 year (preferred)