Material Handler/Forklift Driver
Do you strive to be amongst the best? Do you consider yourself a high performer? Do you enjoy working as a team and sharing your expertise? If so, we’re looking for you!
TC Transcontinental, has close to 8,000 employees, the majority of which are based in Canada, the United States and Latin America, with revenues of approximately C$2.6 billion. TC Transcontinental is Canada’s largest printer and a leader in flexible packaging in the United States, Canada and Latin America.
For over 45 years, TC Transcontinental’s story has been one of innovation and transformation to meet our customers’ evolving needs. Our strong family values, entrepreneurial spirit and long-term vision have always been at the heart of our success.
This position will be part of our Printing Sector. The Printing Sector has over 3,500 employees and 13 state-of-the-art print plants.
About this opportunity
Reporting to the Fulfilment and Logistics Manager, the Material Handler will be responsible for the seamless processing of incoming and outgoing shipments and perform tasks deemed necessary. This position plays a key role with other departments whose business functions depend on the Receiver for accuracy and efficiency. This position will be located in Richmond Hill, ON and, typically working Monday to Friday from 8am to 4pm.
What you will do
· Unload, sort and distribute incoming shipments verifying against a Bill of Lading.
· Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods;
· Route received good to its final destination;
· Communicate with all departments as to goods received and address any non-conformance(s);
· Maintain internal, manual or computerized record-keeping systems;
· Oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries;
· Know safe storage and handling procedures for materials;
· Provide exceptional service to vendors and internal / external customers;
· Perform quality audits of the condition of incoming items prior to signing off;
· Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor;
· Problem solve for any cases of missing documents and deliveries;
· Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations;
· Operate all equipment in a safe and effective manner, change over, preventative maintenance, start up and shut down procedures;
· Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation and carriage of goods;
· As required, provide training to new and/or junior employees with a focus on performing work in a safe, efficient, quality minded manner;
· Location, shifts, duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations;
· May assist in the development of work instructions and practices;
· Ensure your specific work area is a safe work environment, free from hazards, dirt and debris;
· Available for overtime in order to meet our customer needs as required;
· Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
What you have to offer
· A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a warehousing environment.
· Must hold a valid forklift operation certificate in good standing, where operation of equipment requires certification;
· Computer literacy, including working skills of PC-based software applications such as Word, Excel, E-mail, Internet;
· Ability to lift heavy objects (max. 50 lbs), walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labour;
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent;
· Exceptional attention to detail and good command of the English language (read, write, speak) with respect to:
o understanding and following all verbal and written instructions;
o completing paperwork and requisitioning of materials accurately and efficiently;
o complying with safety procedures and processes;
· Proven organizational skills with a commitment to quality and safety;
· Able to work well in a team environment;
· Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference. Competitive compensation package, pension and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family needs.
TC Transcontinental is committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates and to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Should you be contacted regarding an employment opportunity and require an accommodation for a disability, we will be pleased to work with you to identify how we can best support you through this process.
Learn more about us
All employees and visitors are required to wear masks, social distance and have their temperature taken upon arrival to the site.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
All Visitors and employees are required to wear masks, social distance and have their temperature taken upon arrival to the site.
- Which Forklift Machine experience do you have?
- How much are you looking to make per hour?
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (preferred)