Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
- Work in a challenging, fast-paced environment where no day is the same
- Advance into mechanic, driver or customer service roles
- Work with an incredible team of people in a safety-focused culture
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Yard Worker.
The Yard Worker is responsible for the stationing and retrieving equipment on the location's property. The role maintains a written maintenance schedule and may service equipment as necessary to ensure equipment meets all set specifications. The Yard Worker also inspects equipment prior to and after rental to document any lost and/or damaged equipment.
Education or experience that prepares you for success:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Experience with common construction and industrial tools preferred
- Some experience and/or training in repair of mechanical equipment preferred
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers (written and oral)
- Ability to perform basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc)
- General mechanical aptitude
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws.
Related experience may include: Porter Hostler, Yard Hand, Yard Jockey, Yard Spotter, Entry Level Mechanic, Mechanic Trainee, Construction Laborer, Washbay Attendant, Equipment Washer, Forklift Driver, Warehouse Worker
Sunbelt Rentals has competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
Although we appreciate all who apply we will contact only those candidates who meet our requirements.
Sunbelt Rentals requires applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Sunbelt Rentals is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities.
Job Type: Full-time
- G (Preferred)