Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, Capital Delivery, is responsible for coordinating the implementation of capital projects for facilities owned and managed by the Region; supervising a technical team in the design, planning and contract management of all capital facility projects; providing technical consulting advice, ensuring compliance with legislation, contributing to annual plans and policies and conducting research on industry trends and equipment; acting as liaison between contractors, consultants, other project leaders and the Region to ensure that all aspects of these projects are performed effectively, including financial/schedule tracking and control.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Architecture or Engineering Sciences or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the design and construction of a variety of building types, involving the development of plans and specifications, contract and project management activities, financial/schedule monitoring, leading multiple project teams and demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Leadership competencies including operating strategically, leveraging diversity and differences, customer focused, ensuring accountability, managing complex problems, financial management, employing interactive and effective communication, fostering collaborative relationships, cultivating engagement to drive vision and purpose, managing and developing talent, establishing and maintaining trust, displaying self-awareness, and demonstrating resiliency.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply online by August 24, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$ 100,633 to $ 114,288 annually