Vitacore Industries Inc. manufactures personal protective equipment for Canadian frontline workers, available on demand. Our facility houses state of the art equipment to produce millions of respirators every month. Vitacore is committed to serving Canadians. All of our current and future PPE is made using a Canadian supply chain and quality Canadian materials.
The successful applicant for this position will manage the collection, maintenance and analysis of research data for administrative database studies. Working under the supervision of the Research and Development Director, the Research Assistant will conduct and interpret statistical analyses, prepare presentations and manuscripts and coordinate study activities.
· Manage data collection and coordination of study activities, including the development, implementation and evaluation of all operational and scientific aspects
· Prepare research ethics application, data sharing agreements and study progress reports
· Conduct literature searches and maintain citation databases
· Analyze research data, interpret results and prepare presentations
· Assists with academic research.
· Assists with the editing and preparation of manuscripts.
· Meets regularly with supervisor to discuss research assignments.
· Prepares literature reviews.
· Gathers and analyzes data.
· Manages and replies to project-related correspondence.
· Attends project meetings.
· Assists in the acquisition of research materials from campus facilities.
· Assists in administrative duties such as completing reports.
· Coordinate of testing and certification.
· Coordinate materials procurement.
· Take minutes during meetings
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervising instructor.
· Expectational proficiency in speaking and technical writing in English and Mandarin.
· Grant and scientific writing are an asset.
· Science background or science related experience an asset.
· Highly organized, always punctual.
· A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to Grade 12 plus graduation from a science or engineering program.
· Ability to work independently and to resolve administrative issues/problems.
· Demonstrated ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software, and Microsoft Office Outlook calendar management at advanced levels.
· Demonstrated flexibility to meet and adapt to change in organizational priorities.
· Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines, including demonstrated time management skills to assist others with meeting deadlines and objectives.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including the ability to respond politely and diplomatically to both internal and external inquiries.
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills to provide effective administrative support at the executive level.
· Demonstrated ability to exhibit tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing, and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
· Demonstrated time management skills to assist others in meeting deadlines.
Reference ID: 2021R&D2
Expected start date: 2021-10-01
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Vitacore Industries Inc. is committed to the health, safety and welfare of its employees and remains in compliance with provincial health and safety guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)