The Community Health Centres of Northumberland currently has an opening for a part-time (0.5 FTE) Program Assistant, working in our Primary Care Collaborative Memory Clinic (PCCMC).
This Program is a collaborative memory service offered by our Centre – The Community Health Centres of Northumberland (CHCN), in partnership with the Northumberland Family Health Team (NFHT) and the Alzheimer Society of Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland and Haliburton (ASPKLNH). The PCCMC provides a team approach for the early diagnosis, treatment and support of problems associated with memory loss.
The Program Assistant works in close collaboration with all partners and provides administrative assistance for the memory service run at the Community Health Centre and at the Northumberland Family Health Team.
- Provide a high level of administrative and organizational support to the PCCMC including but not limited to;
- Coordinating and scheduling of clinic days and client appointments
- Assisting with development of documentation and communications materials
- Responding to client and community member inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Collecting, collating and submitting data reports and tracking quality improvement indicators
- Work closely with all health professionals from the three partner organizations to provide support as needed;
- Assisting with coordination of clinic activities,
- Receiving referrals, gathering client medical information, communicating with referral sources, and connecting with clients and families as necessary
- Arranging team meetings, setting agendas and taking minutes
- Support the PCCMS with educational events;
- Securing space, catering, speakers, etc.
- Facilitating registration
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an administrative capacity, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Exceptional computer software skills in applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, social media platforms and graphic editing software
- An enthusiastic team player and good communicator
- Ability to show compassion and patience when working with vulnerable populations
- Current driver’s license with vehicle and applicable insurance.
- Ability to flex working hours to accommodate position responsibilities and the timeliness for completing projects
- A current Vulnerable Persons Criminal Reference Check will be required.
The CHCN offers a competitive compensation package which includes HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan).
Please submit cover letter and resume, citing “Primary Care Collaborative Memory Clinic Program Assistant” on or before Friday, May 17th, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the Community Health Centres of Northumberland will provide assistance to applicants who request accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Job Type: Part-time