Reports to: Operations Manager
The Industrial Cook is part of a team that is responsible for processing food products through a cold and hot procedure. Adding ingredients to the kettles/equipment and then following procedures to process the formulations will be the key tasks associated with this job. High responsibility - responsible for quality, food safety and product specifications. The Candidate must be willing and able to take on tasks and assignments that might be otherwise outside of their normal job description. This hourly position is for 40-44 hrs per week. Day and afternoon shifts are required.
Duties include; but are not limited to...
· Preparing large batches of sauce, condiments, dressings, etc. for packaging on production lines.
· Following storage and preparation processes, and procedures for equipment used (freezers, coolers, Scott mixers, Steam Jacketed kettles, etc.).
· Follow preparation processes for recipes.
· Measure and/or weigh ingredients, if required.
· Multi-task and be proactive in efficiently completing work.
· Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
· Responsible for adhering to food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory, customer and SQF requirements.
· Assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Learn and adhere to safety and security policies and procedures.
· Follow all sanitation and quality policies and procedures, and report any deficiencies.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Completes all paperwork requirements.
· Adheres to all company policies.
Qualifications and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 2-3 years cooking experience required, preferably in a food and beverage industry
- Experienced at analyzing process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift. Occasionally required to climb or balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 22 kg and occasionally lift and/or move more than 34 kg
- Must be able to work in a wet environment. Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals. Exposure to allergens other than nuts
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and is accountable for his/her actions
- Demonstrate the following traits: respect, honesty, personable
- Excellent attendance record
- Own transportation
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Cook: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes