BDS Fleet Service is recruiting a Licensed or Experienced Body Technician.
Join our team and grow with us!
At BDS, our mission is to be a turnkey fleet solution for fleets of all sizes. This covers small and large organizations and includes many municipal and federal entities as well as privately-owned companies. We pride ourselves on honesty, integrity, and workmanship.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, BDS has been designated an essential workplace as we service many fleets of essential services. We have hired a Medical Safety Director that is introducing the strategies employed by hospitals to minimize exposure risk and help contain the spread of this virus. We will continue to take great measures to continue to focus on the health and well-being of our employees.
What you will do:
- Use frame machines to straighten bent frames and unitized bodies
- Remove badly damaged sections of vehicles (e.g., roof, rear body panels, etc.) and weld in new sections
- Repair damage to body panels and weld sheet metal
- Apply masking to the bumpers, windows and trim and use a spray gun to apply primer. The auto body technician will then clean and smooth the surface before applying the finish
- Repair and/or replace interior and exterior components such as instrument panels, seat frame assemblies, carpets and floorboard insulation, trim panels and mouldings
- Replace accident damage components in hybrid systems, airbags and restraint systems
- Inspect vehicles for dimensional accuracy and test drive them to ensure proper alignment and handling
What you will need:
- 310B License preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ Collision and frame Experience
- I-Car Certification
- Strength, stamina and the use of proper lifting techniques to handle heavy tools and parts weighing up to 25 kilograms;
- Hand skills to perform technical repairs;
- Creativity, patience and an eye for detail;
- Good colour vision;
- Current knowledge of the changes in plastics, electronics, metals, finishes and vehicle systems;
- Computer literacy skills;
- Good customer service skills; and
- Commitment to safe work habits and industry safety programs.
· Competitive wages
· Comprehensive Group Insurance Benefit Plan.
· Excellent growth potential.
· Family-oriented team environment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Body Shop/Prepping: 5 years (Preferred)