Mission Centre Law is a full-service law firm in Calgary, AB. We provide legal services for civil, family and criminal litigation, as well a real estate transactions and wills & estates. We are a professional, fast-paced, yet demanding office, and our goal is to assist our clients with any and all of their legal needs.
Our work environment includes:
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Growth opportunities
- Modern office setting
We offer competitive salary and opportunities for professional growth.
Mission Centre Law is a growing leader in legal services. We provide legal representation across a number of fields, including Civil, Family, Criminal, Real Estate transactions, wills & estates, and more.
As a Legal Assistant, you play a direct role in supporting a single lawyer in the firm. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations on each file and ensure that the lawyer is up-to-date on all files, at all times.
- A minimum of 3+ years experience in Civil and Family law as a legal assistant. Experience in criminal law is an asset, but not required.
- Experience with Cosmoslex is an asset, but not required.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office and general office procedures.
- Type up and file basic legal documents and correspondence
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain contact lists
- Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars
- Providing administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness
- Handling communication with clients, opposing counsel etc.
- Legal administrative support for hearings and trials
- Prepare case briefs and summarize depositions, interrogatories and testimony
- Locate and develop case relevant information
- Proven working experience as Legal Assistant
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures and protocols, and court system
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of case management software
- Excellent secretarial and organisational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
- Attention to detail a must
- Requesting disclosure and adjourning criminal matters as required.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2S 2S7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- legal assistant: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person