We are looking for an Electrical Technician / Industrial Electrician to join our winning team!
Reporting to the Supervisor of Equipment Engineering, the Industrial Electrician / Electronics Technician role would involve repair and maintenance of our plants many unique machines and systems. Your duties would include the repair and maintenance of our Milling Machine Centers and Multi-Axis Lathe Centers, specialized lens manufacturing equipment, thin film coating chambers and other unique equipment.
Technical Requirements we are looking for:
- Experience with troubleshooting PLC and motor controls
- Strong understanding of electronics at the circuit board level.
- Understanding of preventive maintenance of manufacturing equipment (Machining ,optical and coating equipment)
- Minimum three – five years’ experience required
- Understanding of old and new technologies
- Experience with high precision machinery (mechanical and optical and measuring equipment)
Key Competencies we are seeking in our team members:
- Completion of Electrician Apprenticeship an asset (442A, 309A, etc.)
- Completion of Electrical Engineering Technician course considered an asset
- Proven problem solving skills relating to troubleshooting equipment issues in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to effectively work with cross functional teams
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work conditions
- Demonstrating self-motivation and attention to detail
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- Computer skills ( Excel, Word and other software)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance
We offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of incentive program and company pension plan.
Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please contact Human Resources. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Electrical: 3 years (Required)