Location: UP Express Cafe – 7 Station St, Toronto, ON
We are currently specifically seeking candidates with full-time availability, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Successful applicants must be available to start immediately. Shifts start as early as 5:30 am, you must be available to start at this time.
Salary: Minimum wage
Balzac’s Coffee Roasters opened in 1996 and now features fourteen locations as well as a wholesale division. Our focus is simple – to serve an exceptional product in a beautiful environment. Each of our locations has been carefully selected for its historic significance and character. Rich in detail and vintage ephemera, Balzac’s Cafes are perfect venues to delve into a good book, catch up with an old friend, or just simply enjoy a delicious cup of coffee and a sweet treat. We are currently seeking Baristas with full-time availability (including evenings, weekends, and holidays), and who are able to start immediately to join the team at our UP Express location in Toronto. The position reports to the Café Manager. Previous Barista experience is an asset, but we are willing to train. A commitment and passion for customer service is critical.
- Customer Service
- Order Preparation
- Cash Handling
- Ability to work well either alone or in a team environment
- Strong work ethic, keep the Café clean
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Maintaining of customer service and Café cleanliness standards
- Being comfortable being a keyholder
- Being an Ambassador for all company products and practices
- Barista experience preferred but not required
- Previous employment in customer service preferred
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Willingness to accept the most effective role
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to work standing up for 8 hour shifts
- Ability on occasion to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted and carry as required
- Ability to lift and turn throughout the shift
- Ability to twist, turn, reach and work above shoulder level.
- Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment
Balzac’s welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time