Position: Media Strategist
Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reports to: Senior Manager, Media Strategy
Location: Stratford, ON
Division: Postmedia Integrated Advertising
Postmedia is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 120 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
Stratford Beacon Herald, a division of Postmedia Network Inc., is seeking a Media Strategist to help clients in Stratford advertise more effectively. Working in partnership with our sales team, the Media Strategist is responsible for creating and delivering compelling campaigns that meet our clients’ needs and deliver in full on their expectations. Every day will be challenging, but exciting and different. You will get to create campaigns by working with our awesome suite of solutions that include Google Ads, Social Media Advertising, Sponsored Content, Digital Audio, YouTube, Digital Out-of-Home, YouTube, Print, Web Design and More. Plus, you receive ongoing training that will keep your skills sharp, and make sure that our teams stay on the cutting edge.
What you’ll do:
- Develop custom integrated advertising campaign proposals across all Postmedia platforms based on client needs & objectives.
- Analyze and optimize digital campaigns across multiple platforms to ensure campaign is meeting client’s objectives/KPI’s and maximize campaign delivery and revenue
- Support of post-sale due diligence; including general contract management, scheduling, intra-department communications, and providing detailed final campaign reports & recommendations for future campaigns.
- Attend client meetings (4-legged sales calls) with Media Sales Consultants, as required.
Who you are:
You are passionate about marketing - particularly digital marketing tactics like Google Ads, Social Media, and Content Marketing and meet the following qualifications:
- University or College Graduate.
- Minimum 2 years of Digital Media experience.
- High level knowledge of the digital media landscape, integrated advertising trends and best practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of social media, mobile platforms and interactive web applications.
- Analytical & strategic thinker who can interpret data and use that data to show ROI to our clients and help them understand the value of our campaigns.
- Team-player who can champion campaigns while collaborating with sales, booking, production and fulfillment.
- Experience with Google Ads and Google Certifications would be an asset.
- Well-organized, able to work well under deadlines, and comfortable with high-level of accountability for campaign success.
- Ability to train, coach, and motivate team members on multiple digital & print platforms.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on the ability to create professional presentations in Power Point and reports in Excel.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both oral and written) required.
Application Deadline: July 23, 2021
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent