The bookkeeper must maintain complete sets of books, keep records of accounts, verify the procedures used for recording financial transactions, and provide occupational bookkeeping services.
Essential Job Functions
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems, including Quickbooks.
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions using Quickbooks and an easy-to-read Global Budget Spreadsheet.
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements in Quickbooks.
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner using Payworks.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents, especially those documents required for annual audit.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Comply with federal and regional legal requirements by enforcing adherence to requirements and following proper filing etiquette.
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers’ compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents.
- Create and prepare cheques for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills.
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Minimum Education: Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field; or completion of two years (first level) of a recognized professional accounting program (e.g, CPA); or courses in accounting or bookkeeping combined with several years of experience as a financial or accounting clerk.
- Minimum Experience: 1 years experience working with Quickbooks
- Experience working with a non-profit organization is an asset
- Analyzing information.
- Ability to comprehend complex data and reports.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Awareness of the Statement of Financial Accounting Standards (SFAS).
- Ability to work with confidential data.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism when greeting and assisting visitors and clients
- Record, review and distribute incoming mail
- Answer the telephone in a timely manner
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $21.50 /hour
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)