Working under the steady hands of the Guest Experience Manager, you play a key supporting role within our Guest Experience Team, with your home base at our reception desk. While on-scene, you:
- Perform all Night Audit duties, including but not limited to the posting of room and tax charges, balancing and reconciliation of accounts, statistical reports, MOP settlements and ensuring that revenue opportunities are maximized under controlled parameters.
- Engaging hospitality at all times, acknowledging everyone within your immediate proximity and exchanging hospitable eye contact at all times.
- Assist fellow colleagues throughout the hotel to provide our guests with incomparable individual experiences. As an Experience Assistant, you represent the Loden at all times – ensuring your personal presentation, uniform and body posture reflect our luxury brand
- Working in a consistent “Safe Work Practice” manner at all times
- Ensure that communication with fellow colleagues is professional at all times
- Courteous and professional verbal communication. Recommended responses are “my/our pleasure, you’re welcome, happy to help, absolutely, of course, anytime, I would be delighted”
- Periodic skill testing on Vancouver experiences will be reviewed to ensure knowledge is current
- Providing support and assistance as requested or required by the Manager-On-Duty
- As Ambassador, the ability to converse in a minimum of two languages will be an asset
- Welcome our guests during the arrival process, collecting & confirming pertinent guest information and ensure our reality meets their expectation.
- Make a last impression on departure, settling final accounts, offering your personal assistance on future reservations and taking immediate ownership of any concerns.
- Going the extra mile, responding to guest inquiries with ease & finesse and performing in an intuitive manner that stirs the guest’s soul.
- Providing courteous and efficient telephone service and person care at the level expected at 5 diamond/star hotels.
- Field reservations inquiries from perspective guests via all available communication channels, providing suitable guestroom options that complement their needs and wants, being sure to secure the final booking.
- Ensuring inter-departmental communication and cooperation in the interest of continued guest satisfaction.
- Flexible with working hours as your responsibilities when scheduled may include a night audit support when required.
- Self-motivator, well organized and flexible to the ever changing needs of our hospitality industry.
Our ideal performers:
- Have under their belts a minimum of 2 years previous service excellence in a guest services, reservations and/or audit-related capacity within a luxury hotel environment.
- Are highly knowledgeable on all that Vancouver & the surrounding area have to offer.
- Radiate high energy & strong VIBES and demonstrate a knack for building awe-inspiring rapport with their audience.
- Possess an eye for the smallest detail and maintain a keen sense of urgency throughout the performance.
- Exhibit award-winning organizational abilities & show a natural skill for multi-tasking & prioritizing.
- Are “take charge” & creative decision-makers who can maintain control of the overall scene and keep the performance moving at all times.
- Are up-to-speed on all the latest technological wonders and highly computer-savvy.
- Maintain a flexible performance schedule to accommodate operational needs of a 24/7 hotel environment.
If you possess boundless passion, creativity & energy, we invite you to send us your personal profile for an audition.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)