Requisition ID: 345597
Position Number: 20091672
Posting End Date: Ocotber 2, 2023
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Winnipeg Shared Health
Department / Unit: Bone Densitometry
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 12/01/2023 - 12/15/2024
Reason for Term: Maternity Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Other;Non-Repeating (non-conforming)
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $38.803, $39.972, $41.167, $42.403, $43.677, $44.993
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centered clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary imaging team, the General Duty – Nuclear Medicine Technologist under the direction of the Nuclear Medicine Manager, performs the operational activities pertaining to the Nuclear Medicine imaging services to ensure delivery of a high quality Diagnostic Imaging service
- Related experience preferred.
- Graduate of a recognized accredited school of Nuclear Medicine Technology.
- Successful completion of CAMRT’s Course 1 of the CT Imaging course or to attain within 1 year from the date of hire.
- Registered and in good standing with and certified as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).
- Certified with the International Society of Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) or to attain within 1 year from the date of hire.
- Current BCLS certificate.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize in a changing environment.
- Strong organizational, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to display independent judgment.
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis.
Note: This position is subject to a current Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.