Seeking an experienced Addiction Counsellor with a passion for helping others to join our team. 1000 Islands Addiction Rehab is a private in-patient rehabilitation facility where we take a whole person approach to treating addiction.
- Responsible for assigned clients, which they work collaboratively with for the duration of their treatment program.
- Provide 1:1 counselling and facilitate clinical groups.
- Utilize crisis counselling and de-escalation skills to assist clients in distress.
- Assist clients in developing an individualized exit plan and implement aftercare programs with clients completing treatment programs.
- Ensure proper written documentation of counselling sessions and events at the facility.
- Minimum education: university or college diploma specific to Addictions and Mental Health training.
- Addiction counselling certificate (eg: CCAC), or in the process of obtaining within 6 months.
- Two years relevant experience.
- Current CPR and First Aid, Non Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI).
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) an asset.
- Knowledge of addictions, treatment approaches and best practices is an asset.
- Demonstrated good judgment, maturity, and assertiveness, particularly with respect to high risk or sensitive situations.
- Well-developed communication, critical-thinking, stress-tolerance and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply best practice therapeutic interventions such as CBT, DBT, ACT and motivational interviewing appropriate for individuals with complex needs.
- Must provide a satisfactory criminal reference check prior to hire.
Job Type: Full-time
- addiction and mental health: 1 year (Preferred)