Inspired Scholar is a private tutoring and ELL/ESL service. We offer English language-based tutoring and English language learning courses with specialty programs for real-world experience.
The school is open throughout the year, including over the summer and March break. All classes are currently online, however instruction will transition to on-site (where applicable) once COVID-related concerns are sustainably mitigated. Class sizes do not exceed eight. Guide students to learn and grow in their academic and social skills.
- Prepare and deliver program-based lesson plans for elementary, high school, or university students as required.
- Prepare and deliver program-based lesson plans for adults wishing to improve their English fluency as required.
- Respond to and interact with students, parents/guardians, and mentors (counselors/advisors).
- Deliver small group and individual instructional sessions.
- Monitor student progress and guide as needed.
- Collaborate with other educators, professional staff, and administrators.
- Create an environment conducive to success.
- Other duties as required.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively resolve challenging situations.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, collaborate with the broader team, and build relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
- Technological proficiency with the required hardware and software systems and the ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Access to a computer with a reliable internet connection.
- Attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize.
- Enjoy teaching students with varying degrees of English ability.
- Additional skills and knowledge in music, athletics, finances, etc. looked upon favourably.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. A teaching degree with at least one year of professional teaching experience or a minimum of five years of teaching experience in ESL/ELL or tutoring.
- 100% fluency in English is a requirement.
- Experience teaching online and/or in-person.
What we offer: Benefits:
- An exciting opportunity to share your expertise and passion for helping others learn, grow, and achieve their professional and personal goals.
- Opportunities for advancement in different roles within the company.
- Flexibility in how you deliver lessons with the added support of a foundational outline and resources.
To Apply: Email your CV and brief cover letter to info@theinspiredscholar dot com.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (preferred)