First impressions are everything!
Do you take pride in your work? Do you enjoy seeing the results of your hard work? Are you a great team player?
Our custodian team members feel the same way. They take these with them to work everyday here at Brock University.
We are looking for individuals who are committed to making a lasting impression to every visitor and staff member of Brock University.
Our custodians perform a variety of duties during their shifts. The ideal candidate will take pride in ensuring all areas of the University are clean and support an exceptional student experience.
This is what you’ll need:
- A Grade 12 High School Diploma or equivalent.
- The physical ability to move and lift furniture, and safely operate cleaning equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret job routines, product directions, and equipment instructions.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights and weekends.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal), in an appropriate manner, with fellow workers, staff, and visitors.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with all contacts in a courteous and efficient manner are necessary.
- Safety shoes.
- Previous custodial related work experience (an asset).
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a positive attitude! You approach work with a “can do” attitude!
- Be meticulously clean! You like to see a job well done and will ensure that things are done the “right” way.
- Be a Self Starter! You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take initiative to make continual process improvements.
Physical effort will include: moderate lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, repetitive motion and use of power equipment such as vacuum cleaner, automatic floor scrubber. The physical environment consists of varying temperatures, exposure to fumes, cleaning fluids, dirt, dust and waste products.
Starting Wage: 20.96/hr
*Salary is defined by the CUPE 1295 Collective agreement.
Interested applicants should apply on our website at
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $20.96 /hour
- Secondary School (Preferred)