Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications, and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity, and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
As a member of the Internet Operations Team, the Network Administrator will be responsible for designing, supporting and implementing CMTS Hardware, DOCSIS Technology, PON (Passive Optical Network) and other IP related services and technologies including routing and switching used in delivering our residential and small business Internet services.
You will work closely with other Network Administrators, colleagues in operations, technical support and other teams to ensure a consistently high level of service is provided to our customers over the various networks you are responsible to support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Provide actionable plans to combat network performance issues as they appear.
- Respond to technical support requests from internal contacts such as Tier1 and Tier2 Support.
- Deploy and service various network elements such as CMTS, and PON OLT.
- Act as a point of escalation for the technical support organization.
- Provide management with insight into key issues on a regular basis.
- Work as part of a departmental on-call rotation.
- Maintain current knowledge on technology platforms you are responsible for.
- Maintain software and firmware maintenance on applicable platforms.
- Self manage project tasks assigned to you efficiently and on-time.
- Installation, Provisioning and Maintenance of network equipment.
- Working closely with the Engineering staff in network deployment and maintenance.
- Understand technical requirements for system operation and maintenance.
- Cisco Certification desirable.
- 2-5 Yrs Telecom or Cable Internet Engineering/Operations Experience.
- Working knowledge of IP routing protocols.
- Familiarity with DOCSIS protocol.
- Experience with Cisco IP networks.
- Experience with CMTS and HFC networks.
- Knowledge of Passive Optical Networks.
SKILLS, EFFORTS & ATTRIBUTES
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Work hours are 8am to 5pm.
- Flex work with a requirement to be in office 3 days per week or as needed (call outs).
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning, and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Get your career started with us and stay with us, your journey begins here!