Accounts Payable Specialist
Who is our client?
Our client is a leader in the Montreal Real Estate development industry for both commercial and residential properties. They offer great growth options and professional development with a great company culture. If you are a hard worker and enjoy a fast paced work environment, this is the company for you.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Maintain daily accounts payable and outstanding invoices.
- Review entries of amounts owed and ensure that invoices are paid according to the terms, with the necessary approvals and a backup copy (e.g. property and school taxes, utilities, service contracts, etc.).
- Ensure the accuracy of invoice processing and verification.
- Ensure all invoices correspond to purchase orders and any other copies provided.
- Responsible for the proper coding of invoices in the respective general accounts.
- Obtain the necessary approvals.
- Produce checks in a timely manner, according to the terms of the supplier.
- Make sure we take all supplier rebates on time.
- Enter manual checks into the system when required.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts.
- Respond to supplier and staff inquiries regarding payments and complaints.
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements and follow up for any missing invoices.
- Issue monthly reports and balance accounts payable.
- Establish constant communication with the accounting department in order to update accounts payable data.
- Maintain a monthly analysis of several accounts.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Commerce (or equivalent) with a major in Accounting.
- 2-5 years experience in the Real Estate industry.
- Bilingual in both English & French (spoken & written).
- Experience and knowledge of Yardi accounting software.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Great multitasking abilities.
- High level of output & ability to handle high volume and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to take ownership of the position.
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility and confidentiality.
Salary: $45,000 – $52,000
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Parc Extension, Montreal
- Group Insurance Plan
- 2 Weeks Vacation
- 5 Personal Sick Days
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$52,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Accounts Payable: 2 years (preferred)
- Yardi: 1 year (preferred)
- Real Estate Industry: 2 years (preferred)
- English and French (spoken & written) (preferred)