Job title :
S. SIMILKAMEEN HEALTH CTR
The South Similkameen Health Centre in Keremeos, B.C. is looking for Casual Support Workers to join their team! If you have Grade 10, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience....Apply today!
**Please Note** The successful candidates must be reasonably available to work ALL shift times noted below on ALL days of the week (including weekends).
Hours of work:
Rotating Days and evenings from 06:20 to 14:20, 10:35 to 18:45, 11:15 to 18:45, 05:00 to 11:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within the Support Services such as:
- Cleaning duties such as sweeping and washing floors, cleaning counter tops and tables, sinks, machines and equipment and washing walls and splash areas; removes garbage as required, defrosts and cleans refrigerators, and cleans ovens
- Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, writing information on menu cards and checking cards against lists.
- Collects waste and recycling from patient rooms, the nursing stations and other locations in the site and removes from building to designated holding areas.
- Cleans areas such as floors, walls and windows by methods such as dry and wet mopping, scrubbing, sealing, waxing, buffing, polishing & vacuuming.
- Cleans items such as furniture, contact points, ledges, vents, mirrors and equipment.
- Reports inoperable equipment or damaged, unsafe equipment or building surfaces in accordance with established procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 10,
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.