Children's Autism Services of Edmonton is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant (1 year term) for our dynamic and growing organization. We provide family centered in-home and classroom based services to meet the needs of families and children who have autism and other developmental disorders.
Duties are as follows:
- Support office staff and executives with general office tasks,
- Plan and schedule meetings, presentations, and other office related events
- Correspondence letters, emails, memos, etc. (paper and electronic)
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials
- Health and Safety Protocols which include sanitizing commonly touched surfaces and returned toys.
- Answering and forwarding phone calls
- Greeting visitors to the office
- Exercising a high degree of judgement and discretion while working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Maintain positive and professional staff and client relationships
- Provide support for special events.
- Engage in professional development.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 2 + years experience as an administrative assistant
- Certificate or degree in Administration or related experience
- Fast, proficient, and accurate typist
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other administrative programs
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector and Child Welfare check
- Excellent organizational skills required, both analytical and problem solving
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work with confidential documents.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who is also able to work independently.
Position will be at the West office location but occasional travel to the south side location may be required. Full-time, 1 year maternity leave coverage.
Please submit your resume and coverletter.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
Please see our website for detailed information about our organization
Application deadline: 2021-08-06
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Secondary School (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 2 years (preferred)