Title: Dispatcher - Western Canada Region
Status: Full-time permanent position
Location: 25710 Acheson Road, Acheson, AB T7X 6B3
Expected Start date: As soon as possible in May 2021
Reporting to: Manager Trucking, Western
McAsphalt Industries Limited, formed in 1970, is a diversified company committed to the development, production, distribution and marketing of asphaltic products, related services and technology. Recognized as the industry leader, McAsphalt offers the widest range of asphalt products from our 26 strategically located terminals, coast to coast, across Canada. The company’s success is based on our employees’ dedication to providing total customer satisfaction by supplying superior quality asphalt products combined with strong, experienced technical support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the role of Dispatcher is to manage the overall operations of the Dispatch Western Region and ensure the smooth and efficient scheduling of the Company’s fleet, along with assignment and dispatch of workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations. The Dispatcher will to ensure all units are up to date with maintenance schedules and the appropriate permits; that drivers are trained in the applicable driver, health, and safety training.
General duties and responsibilities
Transportation Responsibilities can include but will not be limited to:
- Truck Dispatch/Supervise drivers & outside brokers
- Arrange timely and safe movement of vehicles throughout the region
- Manage driver activity to ensure efficient use of resources and the highest level service;
- Border miles - Coordinate paperwork flow to ensure efficient border crossings. Complete Ace manifest documents when delivering to the U.S and other customs documents;
- Record Truck fuel records, mileage and Km for expenses and to complete – International Fuel and Tax agreement Quarterly;
- Assist with plant tickets, with our ERP Software MS Navision;
- Daily communication with drivers, customers, sales personnel & plant managers;
- Records Driver’s payroll and expense sheets;
- Assist drivers with CPPI, TDG, WHMIS training (set up, the printing of documents, access into Nanticoke, reactivation of cards etc…);
- Ace Manifest & paperwork for seasonal winter work into the US, renewal of transponders & corresponding compliance;
- General administrative duties;
- Participating in safety meetings;
- Assist manager with the annual safety meetings;
- Assist in the development of presentations for the trucking;
- Involvement in internal audits for drivers training and employee records;
- Administrator for Big Road, provide information for drivers;
- Records/Tracks Paid Time Off and Medical absences.
- Completion of High school;
- Experience with dispatching;
- Experience with Big Road or other fleet maintenance program;
- Familiar with customs documentation;
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and an ability to deal tactfully with a wide range of personalities;
- Experience with Microsoft Office;
- Lastly, a good sense of humor will also be a great asset.
Interested candidates are asked to apply immediately by responding directly to this job posting by sending a copy of your resume and cover letter for this position:
Position: Dispatcher – Western - Acheson, AB - Reference ID #: MCA-1134
McAsphalt Industries offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for growth and development.
Do not forget to visit our website to learn more about our company at www.mcasphalt.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Reference ID: MCA-1134
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
All candidates will need to follow all our health and safety covid-19 protocol: Completing a covid-19 symptoms related questionnaire, wearing a face mask, practicing social distancing, etc.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Secondary School (preferred)
- dispatching: 1 year (preferred)
- , Read and Write ENGLISH (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19