Position: Volunteer Facilitator
Term: Full Time – 35 hours per week (July 1st, 2022 – July 1st, 2023)
Reports to: Manager, Youth Programs (YOCISO)
OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive culturally and linguistically appropriate programs, building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
As a member of the dynamic and growing Youth Program team, the incumbent will work closely with the Manager to recruit, onboard and coordinate volunteers.
The incumbent provides leadership to volunteers to meet the strategic goals and priorities of OCISO. In addition, this incumbent is responsible for conducting intake, assessment and referrals, recruiting, supporting, training, and placing immigrant and Canadian volunteers to help provide remote and face-to-face academic support to newcomer youth.
This position requires excellent time management and interpersonal skills and a strong desire to help newcomer youth integrate as part of a dynamic and diverse team.
· The Volunteer Facilitator provides leadership to the volunteers to meet the strategic goals and priorities, and outcomes of the Volunteer portfolio. All strategic results within an anti-racism and anti-oppression framework.
· Recruits, trains, supports and places volunteers in consultation with staff to meet identified academic needs of student referrals
· Ensures that data is gathered to provide timely statistical information regarding services, gaps and trends.
· Create and maintain the database for detailed activity/outcome tracking and reporting
· Provides support and direction to volunteers in complex and high-pressure situations.
· Determines and pursues new sources of revenue that would strengthen and expand the program.
· Develops and implements mechanisms to ensure that standards of excellence are generated based on a culturally based framework.
· Ensures high cultural and linguistic service delivery standards within an anti-racist and anti-oppression policy framework.
· Demonstrates a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect management approach and anti-racism / anti-oppression policy within the work environment and community.
· Liaises with service providers outside the organization and with community groups to ensure the effective delivery of services to support immigrants through the long-term process of integration and full participation.
· Represents OCISO to clients, the community and other stakeholders.
· Attends and participates in professional and community meetings.
· University or College Diploma in the Management of Volunteer Resources or post-secondary education in social science or administration with two years of working experience in program coordination
· Proficiency in program development, delivery and evaluation, preferably in a community-based setting
· Understanding the issues and barriers faced by immigrants and refugees
· Demonstrated ability to integrate in-depth knowledge of equity, access, and anti-racism into all program and policy development aspects.
· Demonstrate ability to integrate in-depth knowledge of equity, access, and anti-racism into all program and policy development aspects.
· Effective interpersonal, organizational and cross-cultural communication, negotiation, public relation and public speaking skills.
· Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders from community representatives to partners
· Proven to demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
· Excellent knowledge of community resources
· Computer literate- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet etc.
· Ability to work some evenings
Salary & Benefits: $42,897-$43,753
Application Deadline: Thursday, June 2, 2022, until 5 PM (EST)
Application Process: Please rename your cover letter and resume with your "First name\_position title" (e.g., Chandan\_Volunteer Youth Facilitator\_letter or resume) before applying and send it to Chandan Rathaur, HR Administrator.
We encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, especially women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavour to provide accommodation to people with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview. Please note, after the hiring process is complete and before joining, OCISO requires successful candidates to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination document as a condition of employment, subject to an Ontario Human Rights Code exemption.
Thank you for your interest in joining OCISO. We appreciate all applications. Due to the volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those selected for further consideration process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $42,897.00-$43,753.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Application deadline: 2022-06-02