AIM Roads is the company awarded with the Highway Maintenance Contracts in Service Area 08 and 13 in British Columbia. This is a junior administration support role and will work closely with the Accounting and Procurement. Student applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Provide secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the project office in an effective and efficient manner.
- Scan/copy/bind/shred documents.
- Verify and post invoices for goods and services in the accounting system.
- Process employee expense reports and post in the accounting system.
- Compile and scan support for monthly customer invoices.
- Handle inquiries from internal and external sources.
- Perform Accounts Payable/s functions under the supervision of Accounts Manager.
- Flag issues and variances and bring to the attention of Accounts Manager.
- Special Projects as required
- Assist in accurate, timely and confidential preparation and distribution of the company payroll for the Highway Maintenance Division.
- Review quotations, order materials and services, as per negotiated and appropriately approved ensuring low cost and secure agreements.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Track Purchasing activity and measurements.
- Liaise with Contract Manager to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices.
- Maintain procurement files.
- Purchase of high quality goods that meet company specifications which are delivered on time and at the best price.
- Create and implement procurement strategies and policies, forecast procurement needs and create procurement metrics.
- Compliance with the Safety and Environmental Responsibilities
- Organize and maintain boardroom, executive offices and kitchen
- Book/Log/Schedule/Connect Conference Calls.
- Arrange and ordering for client meetings, i.e. refreshments, lunches etc.
- Receive, send distribute and track mail, faxes, correspondence, courier (local/international)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Solid skills in MS Excel-Advanced.
- Excellent people and customer service skills.
- First class organization skills and a team player attitude.
- Good judgment and ability to work with little direction is critical.
- Excellence in oral and written English communication skills.
- Hourly Rate of CAD $20.00/hr, subject to regular deductions and with holdings. The salary is paid semi-monthly.
- This is a Temporary part-time position based in the Vernon/Armstrong Area in BC and will be re-evaluated in the fall.
Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent organization experience.
- Experience with customer service principles and practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, skills and perspectives.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour