Dometic Vancouver is based in Richmond, BC Canada and has earned a reputation as a World Leader in the design and manufacture of hydraulic and thermal technology products for our target markets. We are looking for dedicated, driven professional to become a part of our organization. The nature of the work is part time and on call based on ongoing demand from the engineering team, which fluctuates from week to week.
Reports To: Business Development Manager - Industrial Actuation
Education & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of machining work experience on manual machines
- Capable of manually machining to very tight tolerances (+/- .0002)
- Machines complex prototype parts for Engineering research and development
- Works in a demanding, fast paced environment
- Designs prototype parts / machines parts for machining, assembly or test fixtures from verbal communication or sketches
- Provides recommendations to Engineering for machined features
- Determines which part features are critical and require tight tolerances
- Setups and operates manual and CNC learning machines
- Consults with internal and external machining experts
- Performs required PM’s on machinery and equipment
- Keeps own working area organized, tidy and safe
- Teach and oversee a work safe environment for engineers and co-op students.
- Teach shop users the proper use of tooling and machinery.
- Maintain machinery and trouble shoot problems with malfunctions.
- Guide Engineers in areas that would help speed up, simplify and improve their goals. Including making them aware of machining processes available to them, Metallurgy knowledge and Heat treatment processes.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrate ability to correctly read, interpret and communicate drawings and Engineering specifications
- Ability to work with both metric and imperial drawings
- Demonstrate knowledge of suitable machining processes and tooling to achieve target tolerances and surface finishes
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and improve processes
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with all personnel
- Dependable, reports to work on regular and timely basis
- Demonstrate ability to develop and analyze work piece holding and process sequencing
- Ability to work closely with engineers
- English language fluency - verbal and written required.
Things to Know & How to Apply?
- This position is located at our Richmond, British Columbia, Canada facility
- Relocation assistance is not provided for this role.
- Only applicants legally eligible to work in Canada should apply. No foreign applicants will be sponsored.
- We look at each resume in detail, so please be sure to review the job description and highlight your experience in relation to this role.
- All candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- Machinist: 3 years (Preferred)