Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week:
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Ivey Business School is Canada’s premier business school, recognized worldwide for the quality of its management programs. Ivey offers specialized MSc in Management programs and is a full partner of CEMS (Consortium of European Management Schools), a consortium of 34 leading global business schools. Ivey’s strategy is to grow the Ivey MSc in Management program with the introduction of new MSc streams and increased student enrolments.
To be successful in the highly competitive graduate business market, there are three key success factors. The first is to attract and select outstanding students, the second is to provide an excellent in-program experience, and the third is to support superior career management opportunities. MSc Program Services is responsible for activities relating to the second key success factor – providing an excellent in-program experience.
The Program Assistant (MSc) is responsible for supporting the effective and efficient administration of the MSc programs within their department, ensuring adherence to program standards. The role will provide support for student administration, course administration, Ivey Global Lab coordination (IB only), and event support across the MSc program’s 3 streams – Business Analytics, Digital Management and International Business. The Program Assistant reports to the MSc Program Services Director, and is critical to ensuring a high level of student satisfaction, and the department’s ability to conduct its activities in an efficient manner.
- 3 year community college diploma in Business Management/Administration or a related field
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Science preferred
- Courses taken in Project Management preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3 years of experience in a customer service capacity
- Verbal communication skills to clearly express ideas in an objective manner, and adapt communication style to suit the situation and audience
- Demonstrated ability take initiative, to work independently and follow through on work assignments
- Ability to apply active listening to hear and understand the complete message being communicated
- Competency to maintain confidentiality and treat sensitive information with discretion
- Ability to establish rapport with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to understand and resolve external and internal partner issues
- Ability to maintain a positive, outgoing attitude with genuine customer service orientation
- Ability to process information with a high degree of accuracy, and follow formal business practices with high attention to detail
- Ability to understand, interpret, and effectively communicate University guidelines, policies and practices to key stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and maintain an organized and effective personal work environment
- Adapts readily and effectively to changing priorities and demands
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, faculty members, students and the public
- Ability to interact professionally with students, staff, faculty, and other members of the University community
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills to complete accurate calculations
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve department goals
- Intermediate proficiency required in Microsoft Office in order to prepare emails, course outlines, announcements, and to input data into spreadsheets and databases
- Familiarity with software applications used by Western is an asset – e.g. OWL, Cascade, PeopleSoft, Mustang Market, specialized scheduling software
Western welcomes applications from all qualified individuals; however, it is the university's policy to give first consideration to all qualified UWOSA applicants.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
Effective September 7, 2021, all employees and visitors to campus are required to comply with Western's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.