PARK DEROCHIE is the leader in coatings and industrial services. With over 65 years of industrial experience and leadership in coatings, insulation, scaffolding, abrasive blasting and fireproofing services. Best in class service with a focus on safety and workmanship is the standard we strive to maintain in all aspects of our business.
We have an immediate opening for a HSE Coordinator at our Sarnia, Ontario Office. This is a permanent, full time, in person position.
The successful candidate will possess an uncompromising commitment to HSE excellence and continual improvement, while consistently demonstrating sound business recommendations in the area of HSE.
- Support the field implementation of Park Derochie’s Safety Management System (SMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Support the development and continual improvement of Park Derochie’s administrative controls (e.g., safe work practices, job procedures, job safety analysis, etc.)
- Allocate approximately 30% field presence training, coaching, mentoring and influencing behaviours to Park Derochie’s standard of performance
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to develop professional rapports with unionized workforces and Client/Owner representatives
- Evaluate worksite conditions and workforce behaviours to Park Derochie’s standards of performance, and provide formal recommendations for continual improvement
- Facilitate or support incident investigations while involving, coaching and mentoring Leadership throughout the investigation process
- Be proficient in computer programs, including Microsoft Office and similar software
- Provide administrative support for HSE-related activities as required
Skills & Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience with demonstrated knowledge in the area of HSE
- Must have completed an Occupational Health and Safety certificate or diploma from an accredited institution
- Possess or able to demonstrate active pursuit of the Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation or equivalent
- Formal training in root cause analysis techniques would be considered an asset
- Must hold a valid drivers license and possess reliable means of transportation
- This position is considered Safety Sensitive and will require pre-employment alcohol and drug testing
Job Type: Full-time. Full-time
Expected start date: ASAP
Park Derochie Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a long serving workforce which includes diverse cultural backgrounds and encourages resumes from all qualified individuals. Preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills, and qualifications outlined.
Please note that this position is available to Canadian citizens, permanent residents or those with valid, open work permits only.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ontario: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Environmental & Occupational Health & Safety Occupations: 5 years (preferred)
- OH&S Certificate/Diploma? (preferred)
Work Location: In person