Atlantic Store Operations
Part Time or Full Time:
Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
0520 Shelburne Sobeys
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Seafood Clerk is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Clerk will deliver exceptional customer service, foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Adhere to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety, corporate policies, and other programs and initiatives
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Keep work area clean and presentable
- Process customer Seafood orders
- Perform program execution and merchandising of product
- Handle and prepare Seafood products
- Increase store sales by actively promoting products
- Participate in the training of junior staff
- Order and receive stock in accordance with company inventory control procedures as required
- Process department shrink
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment as per Company requirements
- Other duties as required
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.