Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Account Manager is accountable for the management and growth of the defined business categories within the ASD Business Unit in the assigned territory. Ensures access to our technologies to patients through outstanding services to our customers.
Selling and Account Support
- Deliver the ASD sales targets in cooperation with the other sales.
- Develops and effective territory/account sales strategy, and presents the strategy to management to gain approval for implementation
- Accountable for maintaining market and account analysis models. Accurate business forecasting taking into consideration in-depth market analysis, including market size, pricing, competitive market landscape and other information from all sources and develops strategies to improve sales and increase market share for all product lines
- Ensures the implementation of therapy promotional/sales programs in conjunction with marketing communication, education, clinical and training
- Builds strong and lasting relationships with key decision makers and those influential in the purchasing process to enhance the Smith & Nephew Brand and Image.
- Coordinates and liaises with other Account Managers and other Smith & Nephew businesses regarding actions/activities within the assigned territory
- Sets Country/district/territory guidelines to leverage resources and coordinates shared resources and services delivered within the district network
- Provides business and field input in regional specific initiatives and actively participates in, and supports the implementation of initiatives and strategic programs.
- Assist with the execution of Medical Education programs as part of the overall Sales & Marketing Plans to support the education of HCPs.
- Establish relationships with KELs to maintain strong understanding of product performance, market trends and potential opportunities
- Implement and drive tender mgmt. strategies through expert input and strategy development for all ASD RFP’s, Quotations, Contracts and Enquiries to ensure successful acquisition of new business opportunities and ongoing maintenance of existing customer relationships
- Attends and participates in key professional congresses and events as required
- Provides procedural implant support to the clinical team as required • May require “on-call” coverage for Trauma cases which includes, evenings, and weekends - schedule is determined by the RSM
- Ensures that consignment and all other stock levels are accounted for and controlled. This includes the active management of capital equipment and loaners in the assigned territory.
- Builds strong business relationships with key decision makers and those influential in the purchasing process.
- Acquires and develops all necessary professional selling skills, in accordance with the company’s personal development program.
- Train and educate relevant hospital staff on SN products, using SN resources in the most effective way.
- Maintains and acquires new product, technology, market, sales tools and process knowledge.
Internal and Administrative
- Reports all market, account, and competitive information and trends (e.g., key decision makers, procedure rate) in a complete and timely fashion to the corporation
- Immediately and accurately reports all negative customer or product related events, e.g. customer feedback or other (legal) issues and risks etc.
- Plans and prepares sales and expense forecasts by territory, product and therapy
- Carries out all administrative duties and all necessary reports in a timely and diligent manner
- Attends all required regional and national meetings
- Degree in Engineering, Life-Science, Biology or Business Admin., or equivalent work experience
- Consistent experience managing a sales territory to meet and exceed sales targets
- Experience using CRM tools, account management methodologies and processes
- Proven ability to effectively operate and communicate in a matrix environment and working effectively with physician and administrative stakeholders and across organizational boundaries
- Highly motivated, “can do” attitude with strong influence management skills. • Proven record of good judgement. Demonstrated integrity and respect of peers
- Committed to a safe and healthy work environment with a proactive and cooperative attitude
- Valid Drivers’ License
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- Deep understanding of selling in community and academic teaching hospitals.
- Proven success selling in a value based HC system. Proven success using a CRM sales tool and implementing and leading account management strategies.
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence at interpersonal skills Approvals Job Holder Signature Agreed by Line Manager Agreed by Human Resources