At Freeman Herbs we are passionate about herbs and vegetables. Each day we focus our efforts on quality, service, and innovation. In doing so, our goal is to make a positive impact on the lives of those who share our enthusiasm: our employees, families, and customers.
Reporting to the Greenhouse Operations Manager, the Production Control Supervisor oversees production and is a resource for Production staff.
Job Duties Include:
- Establish quality standards for all product lines and ensure all plants are picked to meet these standards.
- Train staff to maintain quality standards and specifications.
- Ensure that crops are planned and planted in accordance with pre-books.
- Liaison with Production Analyst to implement measurables that improve efficiencies.
- Ensure that processing of daily orders is prioritized and completed within the outlined timeframes.
- Notify the Grow Team of any quality problems (ie. Pests, quality, size, insufficient numbers, etc).
- Work with staff tokeep department clean and organized.
- Maintain and enforce GAP protocols. Ensure that staff is trained and work with Compliance Coordinator to meet any deficiencies.
- Assist Operations Manager with labour allocations.
- Coordinate with Purchasing Manager to ensure all inventories are at satisfactory levels.
- Work with your team to improve material process flow and product handling.
- Oversee staff hours and department changes in ADP.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to push, pull and lift up to 30lbs
- Comfortable to be on your feet throughout your shift
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Greenhouse and CFIA experience is an asset
- Must be self-starter as well as able to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We ask interested candidates to please include their salary expectations along with their resume.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
At Freeman Herbs, we are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the Human Resources Department if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- production supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Supervisory/Management: 2 years (Preferred)