Lumber yard worker
Homestar Inc. is seeking an experienced Lumber yard worker to join our dynamic team.
- Load and unload materials.
- Take all necessary safety precautions when handling freight, tools, and equipment.
- Store material in correct locations in the yard.
- Keep the yard clean and the inventory neat and orderly.
- Be familiar with the locations(s) of all inventory and equipment.
- Be familiar with the safe operation and maintenance of equipment such as forklift.
- Restock lumber bins, sheds, etc. when they are depleted.
- Receive incoming merchandise.
- Check incoming merchandise against orders or invoices, identify damaged goods, shortages, and backorders.
- Work on any special projects assigned after determining their priority in relation to your other duties.
- Work on additional duties and assignments as assigned by management.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance to safety legislation, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behaviour to management.
- Safety mindset
- High attention to detail
- Able to work outside in variable temperatures and weather conditions
- Able to do physical work
Homestar Group is a well-established company with a large client base and expanding, we offer:
· Competitive Compensation
· Blue Cross Extended Health Coverage
· Retirement Savings Pension
· Free Performance Chequing Account with BMO
· 40% off the regular membership fee at Goodlife Fitness for you and up to 4 family members
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- warehouse worker: 1 year (preferred)