Currently we are accepting resumes for keyholders and management for our Zumiez location in Intercity Mall, Thunder Bay.
Zumiez is seeking a manager who thrives working in an empowered environment to achieve success, and are committed to providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for driving an exceptional customer experience no matter how the customer chooses to engage. We promote from within whenever possible, so potential career tracks could District Manager or other markets.
Zumiez managers are responsible for aiding in accountability for profits and losses,team member training and development, inventory, sales promotion execution and merchandising. Responsibilities also include managing staff issues, customer complaints, community relations, compliance with store policies and other administrative duties.
Manager Qualifications and Skills:
· 1-3 years of retail experience, and previous management experience.
· Be dependable and reliable, having the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes; including nights, weekends and holidays as well as having flexibility with store assignments.
· Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior along with a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers in an engaging manner.
- Individuals who are aggressive, competitive, committed and energetic
· Proven history of successfully training employees
· Strong understanding of sales and customer service techniques
· Demonstrated ability to maintain operational efficiencies
In addition to a rewarding career, Zumiez offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
· Industry Competitive Pay
· Opportunities for Career Growth
· Competitive wage and additional incentives offered
· Sales Commission Eligible
· Employee Discount
· Company Sales Contests
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Zumiez was founded in Seattle in 1978 as a single store called Above the Belt. The empowered and collaborative culture instilled by our founder Tom Campion has made the company's sustained, profitable growth a way of life. Today, Zumiez has grown to over 650 locations in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico, and has become a global leader in specialty retail. If you are ready to embrace our culture, provide an exceptional customer experience, and be part of the #1 Action Sports Retailer in the World, apply today and let’s talk about a career with Zumiez.
If you think you are a great candidate and possess the above qualities and skill sets please forward your resume by email, apply on zumiez.ca/jobs.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 15-40 per week
Salary: From $16.30 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Thunder Bay, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Retail management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person