About Well.ca Pharmacy - Our mission is simple, we want to improve the health of our patients by caring for them, making it easy and helping them along their journey to better health. We believe that our pharmacy team plays a key role, as part of a patient’s healthcare team, in improving patient health.
- Provide exemplary customer service to patients in-person, in the front-shop and over-the-counter area, on the phone or online patients.
- Greet all patients in a professional manner and offer assistance
- Uncover patient needs and offer options through several pharmacy channels (online, in-store, mobile) or refer them to the pharmacist, as needed.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Well.ca products, channels and service offerings both online and within the store to improve health and wellness of patients.
- Respond to telephone calls, faxes and record information regarding prescription refills in a professional manner.
- Retrieve online pharmacy orders and ensure patient timelines are met.
- Contact patients and coordinate daily delivery service for patient medication.
- Seek ways to improve the patient experience; receive and action feedback from patients to continually improve the patient experience.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Collect the relevant patient information, update patient records, prepare the packaging of prescriptions, scan documents, schedule appointments for the Pharmacist, as required.
- Bill prescriptions through pharmacy software and ensure all required documentation is adequate and appropriate.
- Understand, recognize and resolve third party billing issues.
- Organize the preparation of pills for dispensing, compounding, blister cards and strip packaging and manage shipping schedules.
- Dispose of biomedical waste in a safe manner.
- Record purchases on the e-terminal and handle cash, credit card and debit payments, following daily point-of-sale closing procedures.
- Adherence to all relevant guidelines including the established Standard Operating Procedures and all applicable regulatory requirements
- Assist in purchasing of medication and Front Shop products and identify merchandise needs, prepare orders from suppliers including McKesson supplies, well.ca order.
- Verify the content of merchandise on delivery and against invoices and purchase orders.
- Ensure rotation of medication according to expiry dates and established protocols.
- Conduct merchandise claims from various companies and ship the returns.
Maintaining a positive work environment
- Work harmoniously with team members, prioritizing tasks and ensuring accuracy and seek ways to continually improve and adapt.
- Take part in training new employees
- Maintain a clean and orderly store including upkeep of front-shop, pharmacy and employee areas.
- Execute programs by the Retail Transformation team and provide feedback, as required
- Follow standard opening and closing pharmacy procedures and store standards including starting and shutting down all in-store technology, cleanliness of product areas, repairs, etc.
- Adhere to health & safety, WSIB policies.
- Troubleshoot with IT for email, POS, Pharmaclik, telephones and other in-store technology issues.
- Highly developed sense of patient care;
- Listening and empathy skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Team spirit;
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Pharmacy Assistant in a retail pharmacy setting, an asset;
- Knowledge of prescription management software, an asset.
Supervision and Communications
- Internal communication with employees, pharmacy manager, and corporate office representatives.
- External communication with patients, medical professionals, and suppliers.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Pharmacy: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)