TITLE: Greenhouse Crop Workers
COMPANY NAME: Bevo Farms Ltd.
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 7170 Glover Road, P.O. Box 73, Stn Milner, Langley, BC Canada V2Y 0W9
COMPENSATION: CAD15.65-CAD18.00 per hour or current minimum wage for B.C.
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
LOCATION: Langley, Pitt Meadows, Aldergrove, BC
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
ABOUT BEVO FARMS LTD.
Bevo is the largest supplier of propagated plants in North America, providing greenhouses, field farms, nurseries, and wholesalers across the continent with healthy, vigorous, pest-and-disease-free plants.
We are looking for dedicated and hardworking labourers to work in our greenhouse. To get healthy plants to customers, we require a team of people to make that happen successfully. Tasks vary from picking and loading plants onto wagons and driving them to the shipping dock to dumping plants and cleaning bays getting ready for the next crop. Other duties could include working on the potting line, laying trays and loading pots onto carts. This is a fast-paced multi cultural environment and is physical work; applicants must be able to adapt to greenhouse temperatures, must be flexible as work varies from day to day, and must be able to stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks.
1. Picking and loading plants; laying down trays to be watered; loading and hanging baskets; cleaning bays and dumping plants
2. May be asked to count carts for shipping; eye for detail is important
3. Adhere to all safety and hygiene procedures throughout the greenhouse, warehouse and lunchroom
4. Must have a positive attitude, willing to learn and willing to follow direction
- Good command of English is essential. Forklift license an asset
- Applicants will need to be in good physical health condition in order to carry out the required labour responsibilities as the job involves repetitive tasks and standing for long periods of time.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada upon application
- Willing to start working early mornings (5:30 am) must be able to work up to 50 hours per week
- No experience or education necessary
- Reliable transportation to the job site
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; listen well and follow direction.
- Please send your resume via email.
- We thank all the applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.75-$18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-16