Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
If you are a new graduate or Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN) who has been registered with the CNO within the last twelve months, come join our exceptional team of nurses at SHN!
As an NGG candidate you will:
- Develop and learn medicine, surgical and transitional care competencies
- Have an opportunity to bridge into full-time employment
- Be mentored by an experienced nurse for an extended orientation period
- Be part of an exceptional team of nurses supporting a variety of units throughout SHN
- Be set up for success to work in a variety of clinical areas meeting your career goals faster
The successful candidate can be part of our nursing resource team and placed at the hospital sites associated with this team.
We recommend to review and apply to current SHN Nursing Graduate Guarantee postings through the NGG Portal by visiting https://www.nursescareerstart.health.gov.on.ca
If you are interested apply online and we will be in contact with you for next steps!
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario within the last twelve months
- Competent to perform CPR at the Basic Cardiac Life Support Level.
- Proven ability to work in acute medicine or surgery inpatient unit
- Successful completion of CCU 1 (or equivalent) or agreement to complete within 6 months
- Evidence of sound organization and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills * Able to work independently and demonstrates excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Flexible and adaptable regarding assignment locations. May be required to work at more than one site
- Demonstrates excellent team building skills
- Demonstrates ability to engage in ethical conduct and to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient population and workforce.
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
- Current Certification in CPI
- Current Certification in GPA
- Coronary Care 2 or equivalent Recent work experience in Emergency or Critical Care
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract