Starting salary at $16.10 per hour, $18.49 after your first year. Inexpensive accommodation provided starting at $9.50 per day with free cafeteria meal every working day. Full benefits coverage after 90 days (Health, Drugs, Vision, and Dental). Visit www.lakelouisejobs.com for other great Hotel Jobs
Housekeeper / Housekeeping Services Agent
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise offers great work experience and learning opportunities in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. Start or develop your career in hospitality while enjoying the excitement of the great outdoors.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the cleanliness of guest rooms, colleague service areas & corridors while adhering to hotel standards
- Making beds, changing sheets and towels
- Cleaning washroom facilities including toilets, bathtubs, sinks, mirrors, floors, bathroom fixtures and others as assigned
- Vacuuming floors, draperies and upholstered furniture
- Dusting of furniture and fixtures
- Stock guest room amenities
- Removal and sorting of linen, garbage and recycling
- Assist guests with concerns and requests in a timely manner
- Comply with all department policies, procedures, and service standards
- Follow and proactively promote all health and safety policies and initiatives
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Physically fit and able to work well under pressure
- Able to work well independently with little supervision
- Must be a team player and demonstrate organizational skills
- Verbal and written English skills as asset
- Must be able to make decisions individually and show problem solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Constant walking throughout shift
- Housekeeper is a very physically demanding position. Duties include repetitive bending, pulling, carrying, high lifting and heavy pushing (up to 100lbs.).
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise!www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.10 to $18.49 /hour