Project Manager (Commercial/Industrial TI)
For the past 2 decades, VPAC has built a reputation for excellence in pre-construction, construction management and design build for commercial, multi-family and seniors' housing projects.
Along with advancement and leadership potential, this senior role is an opportunity to join a team and workplace environment that is driven by supportive autonomy. This means we foster a culture that leverages its experience and expertise to support each other to excel both personally and professionally.
Focused on providing more than an effective workplace environment, our collaborative and support-based culture is also structured to provide leadership and guidance for the next generation and build long-term relationships and mentorship.
VPAC Construction Group Ltd. is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our Commercial/Industrial Interiors team in Vancouver, BC. You will manage commercial, industrial tenant improvement projects ranging from $50,000 up to $10 million. As a project manager you will manage, coordinate, and monitor all workforces and resources that are essential to complete the project on-time and on –budget. In this position you must have first-rate management and communication skills. This person must be familiar with all aspects of construction and have the necessary skills and abilities.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Construction Project Manager in tenant improvements in both commercial and industrial settings.
- Experience managing a range of tenant improvement projects including technical industrial projects and new construction.
- Analyze project drawings, specifications and permits to determine scope and schedule requirements necessary for a successful completion
- Construction cost estimating and quantity take-off’s
- Strong commitment to document control
- Coordinate with Estimator to establish an overall project budget
- Prepare, track and log all Requests for Information (RFI)
- Set up and maintain the Project Construction including procurement log, submittal schedule, change order log and submittal log
- Expedite, review and provide “Quality Control” on shop drawings and submittals. Prepare transmittals and submit to design Consultants
- Field inspection of the job site on a regular basis, as required to ensure compliance with requirements of the construction contract
- Schedule, attend and produce minutes for Client meetings
- Create weekly progress reports and supply to client
- Review, issue and update look-ahead schedules
- Promote and maintain a good working relationships with: company personnel, clients, consultants, and suppliers
- Cost reporting and financial projections for construction
- Checking and approval of monthly invoices for payment
- Prepare subcontracts and material purchase orders
- Coordinate and obtain occupancy and substantial completion certificates
- Knowledgeable with Construction Accounting, estimating and take-off software (e.g. Sage, Bluebeam, Planswift)
- Responsible for administrating and processing post – construction issues to ensure conformance to maintenance and warranty provisions of the contract
Other skills required:
- must have local experience in tenant improvements
- exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- the ability to run multiple projects
- a track record of meeting deadlines and budgets
- excellent eye for finish detail.
Please forward your resume in either a Word or PDF document.
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Direct applicants only. Recruiters please DO NOT respond to this ad.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
All applicants are required to wear a face mask during an in-person interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Construction Accounting: 5 years (preferred)
- project management: 5 years (required)