- Directs the production planning and scheduling process according to sales volume, sales mix, inventory requirements and materials availability.
- Plans day-to-day operations, assigns manpower, authorizes overtime and controls costs.
- Monitors production yields on a daily basis; makes adjustments as necessary to maintain delivery schedules.
- Coordinates and liaises with production, supply, sales, engineering and customer service to ensure production standards and goals are achieved.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures needed to achieve the business unit's strategic operating goals.
- Performs capacity planning for equipment, floor space and manpower requirements in accordance with forecasted workload.
- Builds and develops team approaches to problem solving and continuous improvement concepts within the assigned area.
- Produces and maintains measures of performance to graphically display performance-related strengths and weaknesses within the cell.
- Monitors, controls and reports on the cell's capital expenditures in relation to budgeted amounts.
- Performs administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the cell, including the selecting of employees, pay administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation, organization goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the cell.
- Actively participates in the business unit management team(s), assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
- Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline, health, safety and the general employee relations of direct reports.
- Carries out special projects as assigned.
- May perform cell production tasks as required, depending on cell size and technical qualifications.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow company instructions, company processes, administrative policies and procedures, and export compliance regulations.
- Experience with CF34/CFM56 series preferred.
- College diploma in engineering, business administration or related discipline.
- Several years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services, including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. The company is a global enterprise that employs nearly 6,000 employees worldwide with annual revenues approaching $3 billion. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
StandardAero is owned by The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:
CG), a global investment firm with deep industry expertise that deploys private capital across four business segments: Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions.