Eminence Organic Skin Care
Director of Customer Education
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume
For more information on Eminence Organic Skin Care, visit our website www.eminenceorganics.com, Facebook Page www.facebook.com/EminenceOrganicSkinCare and YouTube Page www.youtube.com/user/eminenceorganics.
*Update on Friday, June 21st, 2019 screening & interviews are in process, however, applications submitted immediately are still welcomed and considered.
Competitive Salary, Bonuses, Extended Health Benefits, Wellness Program, Product Discounts and Green Transportation Incentives
Location: West Broadway & Cambie, Vancouver, Canada at Eminence Organic Skin Care’s Central Office
Eminence Organic Skin Care provides premium products and unparalleled service to leading salons, spas and beauty professionals. Pioneer of the organic skin care movement, Eminence Organics combines more than half a century of herbal craftsmanship and innovation with Hungarian-inspired healing to offer results-oriented treatments. All of our products use only the freshest ingredients known to nature without harming animals or using any harsh chemicals - we pick only premium quality ingredients to craft natural, organic and Biodynamic® skin care that is good for the earth and good for the skin. Every ounce of our products receives personal attention throughout production and packaging.
Eminence Organics cares about the environment and integrates sustainable practices into every part of our business including planting a tree for every product that we sell through our Forests For The Future initiative.
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the leading name in the field of Organic Skin Care. Eminence Organics is renowned as the most unique and effective line of natural skin care products on the market today.
Eminence Organic Skin Care has been voted by skin care professionals as “Favorite Skin Care Line” and “Favorite Product Education”, both for ten years in a row, as well as “Favorite All-Natural Line” for eight years in a row and is considered #1 for skin care results in the natural & organic spa industry. Additionally, Eminence Organic Skin Care has won multiple “Best of the Best” readers’ choice awards for the best skin care products available, awards that are the most unbiased, prestigious honours given in the industry today.
Eminence Organics has also won multiple Environmental Awards & is a Certified B Corporation®, recognizing the sustainable farming & green practices we use to create our products as well as recognizing the progressive people practices we exemplify in supporting our team-members.
Since the arrival of Eminence Organics in North America, our business has experienced tremendous growth in every major market in North America and has created distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Currently with over 300 team-members worldwide and with thousands of dedicated and loyal spa and salon business partners, Eminence Organics has products which touch millions of faces and bodies across North America and throughout the world each year. Our charitable initiatives, including the Eminence Kids Foundation, impact thousands of lives each year.
Our Core Values
Extraordinary Service, Infectious Enthusiasm, Sincere Respect, Supportive Teamplay, Proactive Reliability, Passionate Dedication.
The Director of Customer Education (DCE) is responsible for overseeing the design, development, delivery and evaluation of award-winning Customer education for Eminence’s skin care and services. Education is a vital part of Eminence’s brand and services. Eminence’s education is delivered to Customers through Onsite Trainings, Regional Group Trainings, Tradeshows, Online materials, printed assets, Webinars & Phone. Our Educators include Outside Sales Representatives, Product Education Specialists and Lead Skin Care Trainers. The DCE will collaborate cross-departmentally with many Eminence teams including Sales, Digital Experience, Marketing & Communications and Product Development. The Director of Education will also play a vital role in enhancing End-Consumer knowledge of Eminence’s skin care.
The ideal candidate is seeking an opportunity for innovation in a rewarding and entrepreneurial work environment with a great team bringing significant value and award-winning education to our Customers – the successful candidate will be highly customer-success oriented with exceptional communication and leadership skills. The ideal candidate will have understanding and experience of successful education in a retail environment, in order to support retail conversion, from skin care knowledge and product awareness all the way through to product purchase.
Reporting and Peer Relationships
The Director of Customer Education directly leads the Customer Education Team which includes the Customer Education teams in Eminence’s Central Office and team-members spread geographically around North America.
The DCE will often lead Education initiatives spanning the whole organization, particularly leading Customer Education initiatives within Product Support, Customer Care, Sales, Marketing and Product Development.
Roles and Responsibilities
Lead the effective delivery of Eminence’s award-winning education by various Eminence teams while incorporating and enhancing Eminence’s Education Best Practices across all education - Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver training programs & education offerings.
- Customer-facing education includes:
- On-site Education within Spas
- Regional Trainings
- Tradeshow booth classes
- Tradeshow Masterclasses
- Tradeshow Key Note Speaker presentations
- Training of International Distributors
- Remote/webinar/phone trainings for House Accounts (‘House Accounts’ are Spas supported from Eminence’s Central Office, rather than through a local Eminence Sales Representative)
- Online Training
- Internal Sales Team Product and Sales Education includes:
- Eminence’s Annual Business Conference
- Training of team-members at Eminence’s Central Office
- Remote/webinar/phone education for Outside Sales Representatives
- Ongoing enhancement of Eminence team-members’ training facilitation skills
- Annual Conference for Eminence’s Lead Skin Care Trainers (the team of International Trainers)
The goal is to evolve Eminence’s education delivery to employ effective blended & experiential designs and a multitude of delivery methods including mobile-friendly and online - to add virtual classrooms and self-directed learning for all audiences across Eminence’s Team-members, Customers, Distributors and End-Consumers.
Product Education Resources
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and develop education resources – continually evolve existing training materials into award-winning curricula and programs:
- Create, enhance and implement effective product education tools & resources in collaboration with internal subject matter experts including, but not limited to:
- New product launch support
- Training on Existing Products
- Sales & service skills training
- Retailing & merchandizing
- Online learning
- Printed assets and handbooks
- Instructional videos
- Social media content (YouTube videos, Facebook and Instagram Live Events and blog content)
- Develop and produce innovative training tools
Education Evaluation Methods
Ensure all education is delivered with the highest quality to build knowledge, confidence and grow businesses:
- Evaluate and improve education effectiveness through measurement, testing and Customer feedback.
- Manage existing evaluation tools including the Feedback Surveys completed by attendees after each education event, including:
- On-site Education within Spas
- Regional Trainings
- Tradeshow booth classes
- Tradeshow Masterclasses
- Tradeshow & Event Key Note Speaker presentations
- Assess, enhance and implement the education evaluation methods
- Monitor evaluation results and create action plans as required - provide Customer feedback to internal departments regarding opportunities and enhancements
- Conduct periodic competitive analysis to ensure that Eminence is exceeding industry standards
- Build and manage a certification program to promote and inspire learning
Leadership of the Customer Education Team
- Develop and communicate the strategic vision for the Customer Education Team
- Prioritize and lead all Customer Education projects and programs to meet established deadlines and goals
- Support success of all team-members to achieve their goals
- Identify and facilitate growth opportunities for team-members
- Exemplify the Eminence Core Values
- Exemplify the Eminence Leadership Best Practices
- Enhance End-Consumer knowledge of Eminence’s skin care through Product Support Representatives and online support
- Some travel may be required to support, review and evaluate training delivery
- Strong background in developing and delivering workplace, adult and online learning curricula
- Strong Customer service focus; seeks opportunities for continuous improvement and strives to create a positive and meaningful Customer experience
- Proactive, highly organized and extremely detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior grammar and composition skills
- Demonstration of responsibility and ownership – ability to see things through and manage tasks and projects to completion
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects with diverse and cross-functional groups
- Conflict resolution skills
- Committed to the practice of self-development and lifelong learning
- Eagerness to understand Eminence products and services
Experience and Education Required
- Post-secondary education in Curriculum Development, Education, Instructional Design and/or Educational Technology, along with 7+ years of hands-on experience in the development of workplace, adult and online learning, curriculum design, or an equivalent combination of education and experience - required
- 2+ years of facilitating and conducting in-person learning - required
- 2+ years of design & delivery of online, self-directed learning - required
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems - preferred
- 2+ years of designing & delivering virtual learning - preferred
- Experience with Course Authoring Tools - is an asset
- 5+ years of leading a team - required
- Experience leading remote team-members - is an asset
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office including PowerPoint and intermediate-to-advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook - required
- Project management experience - preferred
- Experience of successful education in a retail environment, in order to support retail conversion, from product awareness all the way through to product purchase - preferred
- Experience developing blended & experiential learning, leveraging a multitude of delivery modalities including mobile-friendly - preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- leading teams / management: 5 years (Preferred)
- facilitating / teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- development of learning curricul: 7 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)