Carrier Sales Representative – Toronto Office
BM2 Freight Services, Inc. is searching for a full-time Carrier Sales Representative to work at our Toronto office in Mississauga, ON. Our prospective Carrier Sales Representative will assist an Account Representative by tracking and tracing carriers, submitting BOLs to accounting, covering loads, scheduling appointments with shippers and receivers, negotiating carrier rates, and building a reliable carrier network.
At BM2 Freight, employees are our No. 1 investment. We are looking for a talented professional interested in molding their logistics career with an award-winning, growing company.
Carrier Sales Representative responsibilities:
- Check Calls: Setting reminders to call carriers for load updates and document in TMS.
- Schedule Appointments: Work with Account Representative to accommodate customer’s deadlines. Schedule appointments for carriers to arrive at shipper or receiver location. Reschedule when necessary.
- Communication: Effectively, efficiently, and concisely communicate with Account Representative in a team-oriented environment in order to cover customer loads. Share responsibilities for any customer loads that occur after regular work schedule.
- Customer Service: Provide exemplary customer service even when faced with disgruntled carriers.
- Build Carrier Network: Onboard new carriers, develop pre-existing carrier relationships, offboard carriers when necessary.
- TMS: Document all progress, updates, reminders, etc. in our TMS at all times. Training provided. No previous experience necessary.
- Cover Loads: Negotiate rates with carriers, provide carriers with pertinent information regarding loads, ensure all loads are successfully completely professionally and on time, apply conflict-resolution skills to solve issues as they arise, assist in maintaining customers’ satisfaction, submit BOLs to accounting for processing.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous sales experience
- Proficient written and verbal communication
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving/ analytical skills, multitasking, and
- technological skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven experience with high call volume in a sales environment
Why BM2 Freight?
- Competitive base pay + commission & incentive pay
- Free parking
- Flexible 8-hour work schedule with negotiable starting time
- Convenient location near the airport
- Opportunities for advancement
- Eligible for comprehensive benefits after 90 days of employment (dental, vision, & long-term disability)
BM2 Freight Services, Inc is a full-service transportation solutions provider. We offer full-truckload (van, flatbed and refrigerated) freight, LTL freight, air/ocean imports and exports, intermodal, and expedited services all over the 48 states, Canada, and Mexico.
Our founding principles emphasize a high level of integrity and exceptional service, which distinguishes us from our competitors. Each member of our team takes a vested interest in the success of our customers with the knowledge that our success depends on theirs.
Equal Opportunity Employment
BM2 Freight Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Logistics: 1 year (Required)
- carrier sales: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)