Community Support Worker
I’m a big part of my brother’s life along with a team of people looking at hiring an additional support staff to work with him. He is a young man in his early 20’s who lives with autism. He uses his IPad, proloquo2go, pictures and some simple sign language to express himself to others. My brother is an artist, a horseman, a hiker and a swimmer and is asking to explore more opportunities to participate in his community.
This requires a support staff who is calm and composed to help him connect and be a part of his community. This job requires the ability to support my brother participate in recreational, vocational and other activities of daily living with consistent respect to his wishes, interests and strengths.
The job includes:
· Ability to walk outdoors through all seasons
· Current First Aid and CPR
· Knowledge and understanding of autism
· Ability to use and understand many ways of communication; listening deeply and
acting on his wishes
· Ability to work with a team of support workers, family and community members
· Familiar with mindfulness practices
· Willingness to be an independent contractor
There is one position available for 8 - 16 hours per week. No overnights at his time, some weekend hours will be required with advance notice. Wage to be discussed at the time of interview. For more information, or if you feel like you would be a good fit for this position, please send your resume by 4:00pm June 12, 2020.
Part-time hours: 12 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Support Care: 3 years (Preferred)
- Ingersoll, ON (Preferred)