Absolute Results is looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join its growing team based in Surrey, BC. Your job is to create and deliver a cohesive visual identity system for our products and services. You’re always finding and bringing forward new creative design ideas to the table and keeping everything that we build looking top notch. You combine your eye for intuitive design with intelligent user data to create fresh and effective approaches to the look, feel and function of our products. You have incredible attention to detail, move quickly and demonstrate strong empathy for your audience. Your experience, both as a leader and a digital designer, allow you to competently advocate for your decisions—even unpopular ones. You have the experience to back it up and are able to synthesize complex products into simple and beautiful experiences.
You have at least five years of experience designing online and/or mobile SaaS applications. Your portfolio is filled with creativity and shows a consistent progression of keeping ahead of trends in design. You lead by example, love rolling your shirt sleeves up, and are comfortable moving from ideation to prototype to high fidelity design. Pixel perfect is your expectation and your experience working with engineering teams allows you to know how to optimize design for code and functionality without compromising the integrity of the aesthetic.
- Researching user behaviour, collecting feedback and translating it into better performing experiences.
- Whiteboarding ideas, sketching out wire-frames, building user flows and refining everything into beautiful high-fidelity designs.
- Getting into the mind of the user and turning user empathy into simple and easy-to-use interfaces.
- Taking initiative, working independently and you are an expert collaborator.
- Presenting ideas to the team and using your expertise and design leadership to get buy-in on new opportunities.
- Building visual identity systems and comprehensive UX/UI libraries to enable the engineering teams to move quickly and efficiently.
- 5+ years professional experience in the software/design/digital world.
- Proven UX/UI experience with a strong portfolio that demonstrates your work.
- A broad understanding of web/mobile UI standards, usability, and practical experience in design and development of user interfaces for web and mobile applications.
- Proficiency with design/prototyping applications such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud & Adobe XD.
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills.
- Experience with UX design within an Agile software development lifecycle.
YOU ARE ALSO
- an open minded individual and love both learning and teaching others
- curious and entrepreneurial
- very comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of yourself and others
- an excellent communicator
- capable of making informed critical decisions—you’re not afraid to make a tough call
- comfortable giving opinions—you ask questions and are willing to suggest a better solution
- incredibly organized and capable of prioritizing conflicting demands and tasks
- self-motivated with a great attitude
- friendly—you love people and working on a team
- willing to take risks for the good of the product and company
- excited about building a product that solves real problems and seeing it used by real people
ABOUT ABSOLUTE RESULTS
Absolute Results is Canada’s largest automotive sales training & marketing company and growing larger every day! We’re passionate about the auto industry!
We’re a team of whip smart marketers, developers, designers and thinkers based in Surrey, BC—and we’re growing fast. We’re open, entrepreneurial and incredibly collaborative. Hard work is part of our culture, but so is flexibility. We get to enjoy the pace and energy of a startup, but have the backing of a well-established company—it’s a rare combination. We don’t do bureaucracy—it keeps things from moving quickly and there’s a lot we want to do. You’ll flourish here if you’re a self-starter and quick learner who doesn’t require much handholding but asks a ton of questions. We’re young and enterprising, so there is plenty of opportunity to grow and make your mark on this company.
Some of the other perks? Plenty of opportunities to learn and advance, comprehensive benefits and some great opportunities to give back through our foundation.
Please note that this is not a telecommuting role and to be considered you must be able to work out of our head office located in Surrey, BC.
Job Type: Full-time
- designing online and/or mobile SaaS applications: 5 years (Required)
- English (Required)