In this role you will be responsible for:
- Performing a variety of warehouse duties such as stock maintenance, distribution, and maintaining related records.
What you'll do
- Pick orders by identifying and locating items using computer systems and/or handheld computer. Count items; edit electronic pick lists when required; pack completed orders in preparation for shipping.
- Enter edited data into computer system as required.
- Pick stock from designated inventory location.
- Perform stock rotation as established in warehouse guidelines.
- Unpack received stock and replenishes to designated location.
- Maintain warehouse area in a clean and orderly condition, according to established warehouse safety standards and CSA guidelines, by performing duties such as removing wasted cardboard and shrink wrap from assembly lines
- Perform related duties such as answering the phone and filing/entering/retrieving data from the computer system.
- Assist with physical inventories and cycle counts by counting items in inventory as required.
What you bring:
- Grade 10 with six months’ recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with inventory management, logistics, stocking, replenishment, warehouse, supply chain, distribution, stores and merchandising.
- Ability and/or willingness to learn how to operate related equipment (may include forklift, tow and pallet jack).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
What’s in it for you
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
If this position sounds like a good fit, please apply today!
Please note *** To be considered for this position, you must be available to start ASAP and willing to potentially work in Langley, Richmond and/or Delta ***
Status: Casual (Casual is defined as on call with no guaranteed hours. Shifts can be called out via short call (1-5 hours of notice) or pre-booked). Majority of shifts will be from 2PM-10PM or 10PM-6AM so you must be available to work both.
Location: 8521 - 198A Street, Langley
Department: Warehouse Department
Wage: $20.97 per hour +12.6% straight time pay in lieu. Premiums of $1.00-$2.00 will be offered for weekend and graveyard shifts.
Closing date: Until Filled
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $20.97 per hour