CJR Wholesale Grocers have been serving Ontario for over 30 years. We pride ourselves in offering one stop shop for customer’s grocery, cooler, freezer and needs. We strive to offer a best in class customer experience.
The is an exciting full time opportunity to bring your detail oriented and numbers driven personality to an exciting role within the team. The role of our Buyer is to contribute to our department goals and performance with respect to merchandising and operations.
1. Ensure uninterrupted supply of stock whole maintaining the inventory turns target.
2. Supplier relationship management
3. Supplier development and evaluation
4. Price and terms negotiations.
5. Well versed with imports process and regulations
6. Develop alternate new suppliers, sources
7. Define and execute first to market strategy
8. Market analysis for assigned categories
9. Managing the purchase order process using the ERP system
10. Coordination with sales and marketing team to understand their needs and expectations
11. Managing annual promotional matrix
12. Responsible for margin and inventory turns
13. Be part of the continuous improvement projects
1. University degree in Business Management or equivalent
2. 2-5 years of experience as a buyer in a related industry
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Purchasing: 3 years (preferred)
- Buying: 3 years (preferred)
- Price and terms negotiations: 1 year (preferred)