Niigon Machines Ltd. is currently searching for a Shipper/Receiver (day shift) to join our team.
Niigon is a Canadian based manufacturer of injection molding machines founded in 2008 by Robert Schad. Working with customers, suppliers, and mold makers, Niigon has developed a rugged, accurate, and flexible two-platen machine platform that features energy efficiency, process repeatability, and reduced mold maintenance.
The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for executing all functions related to inventory movements and storage.
- Unloads freight both manually or with equipment such as forklift, pump truck, or crane
- Verifies quality and quantity of items and receives them against proper purchase order
- Parts put away and assign shelf locations
- Order picking and kitting for all production work orders and customer sales orders
- Prepares materials for shipment: box, skid, wrap, strap, weigh, and secure materials (including injection molding machines)
- Manages and tracks bulk items, parts out for rework, and parts stored offsite
- Address material non-conformances and investigate variances
- Participates in physical inventories
- Perform daily cycle counts, as required
- Follow all health and safety policies including use of personal protective equipment
- Undertake additional assignments as reasonably issued by the Team Leader
Skills and Competencies:
- Team player with a consistent, positive attitude
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize tasks
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work overtime, have shift flexibility as required (especially during year-end inventory counts)
- Ability to lift up to 50 Lbs.
- Reporting skills and computer literate
- Knowledge of ERP systems – experience with xTuple is an asset
- Crane Operator and Lift Truck Certification would be an asset
- High School Diploma
- 1-3 years shipping/receiving experience
Job Type: Full-time
- shipping/receiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)