We have fulltime & part-time Resort Administrator roles available on our properties. Our Resort Administrators successfully manage the daily financial administration requirements on one or more of our properties and process and coordinate business transactions at the resort level.
This position reports directly to the Controller, with an indirect report to the Resort General Manager.
- 1+ years’ experience in accounting in either an accounting firm or industry
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in Business with accounting major, or equivalent
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent professional verbal and writing skills
- Demonstrated track-record of adhering to systems of controls
- Demonstrated track-record of flexibility and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated track-record of meeting deadlines and working independently
- Experience using accounting software
- Experience using enterprise software is preferred
1. Purchasing and Payables
- Provide vendor packages to potential new suppliers and handle routine vendor inquiries, working with Resort Manager and Accounts Payable lead.
- Enter and review purchase orders based on vendor quotes, update orders as commitments change and goods/services are received
- Routine matching of vendor receiving documentation to purchase orders
- Review central accounting in-box for invoices, match to orders and packing slips, prepare invoices for posting,
- Work with Accounts Payable lead on periodic supplier statement reconciliations
- Track status of cottage deals, maintaining status schedule and reporting on pending connection to services.
- Check count and approve miscellaneous floats, petty cash, and inventories at least monthly
- Prepare periodic schedules and supporting files for management, audit and other purposes and other duties as assigned
2. Billing and Receivables
- Prepares bills and invoices for sales or services rendered including a wide range of resort fees and services.
- Daily point-of-sale reconciliations (includes retail, food and beverage)
- Daily rental and services, deposits and income reconciliations
- Enter cottage sale deals, prepare and submit supporting documentation for posting.
- Monitor resort maintenance tasks for resolution and potential billing (ex. Cleaning fees, seasonal billings, parking fees, etc.)
- Monitor Accounts Receivable, responsible for collections
- Prepares any required credits and back-up support for approval.
- Work with customers and management on various billing inquiries.
- Responsible for annual update of customer files and collection of related documents, such as Occupancy Agreements and cottage insurance.
3. Staffing & Time Capture
- Collects signed hire and termination documentation for HR & Payroll submission.
- Review and submit employee time capture information for bi-weekly payroll
- Prepare, obtain approval, and submit employee change forms and time off request forms as needed
- Ensure on-boarding and training paperwork is signed off and submitted
- Assist Resort Managers as needed for completion, submission and follow up on any incident reports as needed
Prepares receipts for bank deposits daily.
Update payment information on cottage sale deals daily.
Ensure that the end of day sales and the point of sale entries are balanced and ready for posting into the correct accounts matching payment types.
Address customer statement inquiries and investigate billing and payment history
Work with head office Receivables and Payables staff on customer and vendor payment issue resolution
Great Blue Resorts is committed to employment equality regardless of national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Great Blue Resorts welcomes and encourages applications from disabilities candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour