eMedals INC is the largest online auction house of its kind in North America. With a growing global web-based presence, we are in search of a Historical Researcher to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have experience in sifting through large quantities of information, database entry, and an interest in military or world history. This position will entail daily research tasks, writing concise and engaging descriptions of historical items to be listed online and submitted for auction.
The successful candidate will begin May 30th 2019 and work a minimum of 40 hours per week from 9 am to 5 pm at 16.00 per hour.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Working independently to research information concerning military medals and objects;
- Summarizing research into web ready descriptions
- Entering historical information into eMedals' unique database;
- Proofreading and editing content;
- Working cooperatively with eMedals' team members to achieve a standardized writing format;
- Liaising with external sources;
- Providing monthly reports .
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fluent in English;
- German Languageis an asset
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong knowledge of PC software;
- Heavy-duty independent research skills;
- Knowledge of German, Spanish, and/or French an asset;
- Passion for history an asset;
- Knowledge of military history an asset.
Candidates must demonstrate initiative, a positive attitude, and be team players. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via email.
The positions offered by eMedals INC. are unique. We offer a rare workplace environment where history is a pillar of everyday workflow and overall success. Team work is an essential element to our office and we look forward to meeting our newest partner.
Thank you to all interested candidates. Please note that only those candidates selected for further discussion will be contacted. Please submit all CV's via email.
Job Type: Full-time
- German (Preferred)