QM Environmental is one of Canada's largest full-service national decommissioning and environmental remediation firms. Always committed to health, safety and environment, QM has been experiencing consistent growth and we would like to invite you to be part of our team.
We offer exciting career growth, professional development, and a culture that is supported by teamwork and open communication. At QM, you will have the opportunity to learn from, and collaborate with, some of the most talented professionals and innovative thought-leaders in the industry.
Supervisors play a key role on site, helping execute the work plan safely and efficiently. They hold a leadership role onsite and may be called on to supervise smaller sites on their own. This includes supervising unionized site personnel and subcontractors, reporting all relevant site activities and managing the quality of work performed. Work includes asbestos removal and abatement services. Qualifications include:
- Asbestos training and experience supervising a crew performing asbestos removal/abatement work
- Asbestos Certification
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of Health & Safety Guidelines and Quality Systems, as it applies to the work performed
- Applying a deductive approach when maintaining productivity and cost effectiveness
- Adherence to QM LP Operating principles, guidelines, and standards where defined
Health and Safety
- Be aware and willing to ensure safety compliance by all personnel on site.
- Document and notify the appropriate personnel of any unsafe or potentially hazardous situations on site
- Ensure the appropriate safety equipment is available and worn by site personnel at all times
- Ensure that all requests to perform unsafe work practices that may result in damage to machinery, people or property are declined
- Ensure the daily work plan is completed as per the requirements
- Works with the Project Manager, Operations Manager and Regional Manager to plan and review overall status of project(s) on an ongoing basis
- Ensure all site resource (labour, machinery, materials, sub-contractors etc) are effectively utilized and monitored in order to achieve timely completion of projects
- Ensure all tools and equipment used onsite are taken care of and put away. Any damage or defects are to be reported immediately
- Upon completion of task notifies the appropriate parties to ensure all appropriate hired equipment is taken off rent
- Must have full understanding and working knowledge of the QM LP’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures, ensuring all site personnel adhere to them at all times
- Prior to the commencement of site works, gain an understanding of the relevant project specifications and drawings
- On an ongoing basis, monitor all works against specifications to ensure the continuing quality and accuracy of work performed
- Notify the appropriate parties of any defects, mistakes, errors, contamination or variations identified
- Ensure all the applicable quality checklists are properly completed
- Ensure that relevant information is communicated to direct reports/sub-contractors enabling them to effectively carry out their functions
- Ensure that all employs have, or receive the proper training for their assigned tasks
- Be willing to receive specialized training in order to accomplish skilled task
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Valid driver’s license mandatory
- Asbestos Certification
- Previous training in First Aid, PPE etc. is considered an asset but internal training and orientation will be provided as required.
- Specialized safety training eg: Fall Protection, Flagging etc an asset but will be provided as required.
- Demonstrated experience including supervisory or lead hand experience and considerable experience in asbestos removal, abatement, construction and/or maintenance projects or any equivalent combination of training and experience
- Proven track record in working in a team environment
- Experience supervising a unionized workforce
- Majority of time will be spent on job site
- Use of specialized PPE may be required after appropriate training
- Work is outdoors so appropriate clothing will be required
- Travel be to various job sites may be required
We appreciate your interest! Please note that once we receive your application we will contact you if your qualifications meet the requirements for the role.
Please no calls from agencies, thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- asbestos: 5 years (Required)
- Victoria, BC (Required)
- Valid Drivers License (Required)
- Asbestos Certification (Required)