Why Work For Canadian Niagara Hotels?
We are a company that believes in the talent of our associates, we are dedicated to assisting them in developing their skills to advance their career. Most important, you’ll be a part of a team that’s includes 2500+ talented and dedicated hospitality enthusiasts who are dedicated to providing an unparalleled hotel experience to each and every guest. As a part of Canadian Niagara Hotels, you will also have access to an amazing medical and dental benefits.
Hershey’s Chocolate World
The Retail Manager will be responsible for managing a high volume tourist outlet. The Assistant Retail Manager will be striving to create a venue staffed by knowledgeable, helpful, and cheerful staff, who are motivated on exceeding guest satisfaction and operating revenue targets.
Retail Manager Responsibilities:
What you will need as a Retail Manager:
- Work with the General Manager in creating annual business plans and strategies to drive revenue including new initiatives, revenue maximization and cost saving ideas.
- Recruiting/hiring/training of hourly staff
- Scheduling/evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of all outlet staff focused toward continuous personal development and success
- Proper receiving of product in retail inventory system
- Identify opportunities for sales growth and decrease costs
- Ensure all operating equipment and control standards and systems are used
- Generate applicable departmental reports
Supervisor experience required, preferably in a retail work environment
Secondary School Graduate Diploma preferred
- Experience in a manager/supervisory position in the retail industry
- Proven ability to merchandise retail outlet to increase sales
- Analytical skills as they pertain to problem/opportunity identification, analysis, and corresponding options/solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to work effectively under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to lead/supervise a team of operating staff
- Demonstrate competency in general financial knowledge, basic mathematics and report-writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of computerized Point of Sales system, knowledge of Micros and Yellowdog preferred but not needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in physically demanding environment
We also understand that diversity includes people with disabilities who might require reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate and contribute to their full capabilities or candidates for employment interested in reviewing or receiving information pertaining to careers at Canadian Niagara Hotels. This includes being able to fully participate in the Resort’s candidate selection process, including personal interviews in many circumstances, wherever possible and practical. If you would like to receive information in another format or other communications supports please send an email to email@example.com or by telephone at 905-374-4446 extension 4600